CREEPIES & CRAWLIES

When the Lord was working on my heart as a teen to be fully surrendered, one area I battled with was being willing to go anywhere in service to the Lord.  I did not want to go Africa - the deep, dark continent with wild animals, snakes and other dangerous creatures.  However, God didn't let me forget Romans 12:1 until I fully turned my life over to Him.  Thus, when I considered Keith as a potential mate, I had no reserves in his surrender to Africa. In our 15 years of residence here, we have not been bitten by anything deadly - except the mosquito.  We do see creepy, crawly things occasionally.


Rats can be a nuisance and are often difficult to catch.  This one in the picture evaded rat glue and also ate poison without any effect.  So...Keith declared war on the critter, cornered him in the school room, and ended his terror on my house. 


This week Shae-Lynn accidently stepped on this large spider, temporarily stunning him.  I'm not sure what kind he is or if he is dangerous.

Our last camping trip, the kids found this snake skin next to our camp site.  We have never seen snakes near our tents, but now we know that they are around that area.

At our present house, we have not had any snakes.  There is a family of mongoose that roam the neighborhood and sometimes sneak into our compound.  I believe they keep the snakes away, for which we are very grateful.  Australia and South America have much more dangerous creatures than Africa does, but the same God who protects us here is the same God over the whole earth.  If God  is working on your heart to be fully surrendered to His will, do not hesitate.  It is a joy to serve Him - even amidst the creepy crawlies.

"I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service."
Romans 12:1 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NEW LOCATION

That Was Quick

TO MY VIOLIN CHILDREN