C-O-M-F-O-R-T

 As I was preparing to teach the pastor’s wives in Kaliro last week, in my file I found an old booklet I taught to our Ladies Bible Study in Masaka probably 22 years ago.  It is entitled A Woman of the Word based upon Psalm 119. Although my intention was to use this study for teaching the ladies the importance of making the Bible a priority in their lives, I believe God was also giving me something to cling to during this time in my life.  One of the lessons is “God’s Word – My Comfort in Affliction.” I printed up the acrostic it had of finding comfort in the Word of God, and I plan to keep it handy and review frequently. I hope it will be a source of strength to you, too, in whatever you are facing today.


  • C - “Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.” (1 Peter 5:7)
  • O - “Out of the depths have I cried unto thee O Lord. Lord, hear my voice: let thine ears be attentive to the voice of my supplications.” (Psalm 130:1-2)
  • M - “Many are the afflictions of the righteous; but the Lord delivereth him out of them all.” (Psalm 34:19)
  • F - “For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory.” (2 Corinthians 4:17)
  • O - “O God, my heart is fixed: I will sing and give praise, even with my glory.” (Psalm 108:1)
  • R - “Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for him: fret not thyself because of him who prospereth in his way, because of the man who bringeth wicked devices to pass.” (Psalm 37:7)
  • T - “Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.” (Proverbs 3:5)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NEW LOCATION

That Was Quick

TO MY VIOLIN CHILDREN