HIGHLIGHTS FROM APRIL...LATE

Somehow, this post got lost in the drafts...oops!  Better late than never, right?

I know...we are more than halfway through May, and I am now posting about April?  One thing I have to remind myself is that this blog isn't to govern my life - it is just a way to share my life.  I wish I had more time to sit down and write, but I don't, so I must learn to be content for when I am able.

I made this skirt from a dress that was Keith's mom's.
Shae-Lynn wore it, Savannah wore it, and now
it is being passed down to other cousins.
April began with Easter celebration.  The Friday before when Keith and I were in town, we saw a group of Catholics carrying a large cross through the streets, causing traffic to stop as people gathered around to bow down to it.  This brought to the forefront of our minds the blaring reason we are here - to open their eyes to the truth.  We don't worship the cross, but the Savior who died on it and is risen again.

The cross kind of blends in with the background, but it is about in the middle .
Every year we have a group of college graduates with the AMT program that visit for two weeks.  Four came this year, and we certainly gave them a wide view of all that missionaries do.

One of our favorite places to eat in Kampala is Java's.
A fishing village Keith took the men to on the Ssese Islands.
Rafting the Nile, which doubled as Stanley's senior trip.
We now have three teenagers again.  Shane is no longer a teen, but Shiloh has now joined the ranks of teens.  It really doesn't seem possible the I'm getting that old!

We waited for Keith and Stanley to return from college,
hence Shiloh is in his pajamas.
Not very imaginative,
but I had to come up with something to shape the rice crispies into!
As his second cake, Shae-Lynn made a cookie pizza which was loved by all.
During their stay, our NGO (Non-Government Organization) of BIMU (Baptist International Missions of Uganda) had their yearly meeting.  We were so blessed to have the president of BIMI Dr. Snyder be our guest speaker along with BIMI African Director Eric Bohman.  We were especially privileged to have Mrs. Lori Bohman attend, also, and speak to the ladies.

Missionary Kids that are such great friends.  Savannah on the right.
My daughter talked us ladies into posing with masks.
 I won't tell who the other three ladies are.
Shae-Lynn and Savannah sang a special with their friend Abigail
at the BIMI conference.
The MK teens enjoyed an overnighter before the conference began.
Friends since birth: Savannah and Elexus.
Honestly - they were friends.  Notice they are on the same
sides and wearing the same colors seven years later.
With all of Keith's family wearing glasses and all of my family wearing glasses, our children are doomed to wear them, too.  Skyler has now joined the ranks of glass-wearers.  When we picked them up, he cried and cried.  The lady at the counter said she had never seen a child complain about wearing them, but that most kids lie on the eye exam in order to be able to get them.

Not a happy patient!

I don't think Savannah will have any qualms
 about wearing glasses.  In fact, she already has a pair picked out!
With the Petersen family visiting the States for a couple of months, Keith has taken over the teen department.  The first teen activity we had at our house and played basketball and a couple of other fun games.  They all had such a grand time!

The teen girls' basketball game
That about sums up our busy month of April.  Thanks for your prayers for us.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NEW LOCATION

That Was Quick

TO MY VIOLIN CHILDREN