COUNTING THE BLESSINGS OF MOTHERHOOD

I have been called "mother" for 19 years! 


Being doctor, psychologist, dietician, alarm clock, teacher, counselor, negotiator, laundress, seamstress, cook, designer, barber, and best friend are just some of the additional perks to being Mom.


My children have taught me so much and are encouraging me still in learning.


Children remind me to slow down and inspect the new rose that is growing in the corner, play a game of Dutch Blitz before supper, or play in the water on a hot day.


I get to stay at home with my children and be with them all of the time!


I learn their likes and dislikes and am on hand to challenge them in new directions.


I have enjoyed their smiles, giggles, laughter, cuteness, and love from the time they were born.


I am reminded to not live for myself but for them and others.


Daily I am freely given hugs by children who really love me and strive to show it.


I enjoy homemade cards, surprise bouquets, and colored pictures made by my personal designers.


Some years ago I was challenged to look for opportunities of saying "yes" to my children.  The excitement on my children's faces upon hearing a "yes" when they fully expected a "no" is priceless.


Children reveal my strengths and weaknesses.  They are little mirrors giving me encouragement or revealing areas to be worked on.


I love being called
MOM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NEW LOCATION

That Was Quick

TO MY VIOLIN CHILDREN