HOT DRINKS - COOL WEATHER

Where would we be without computers?  Well...I found out as I was nearly a week without mine.  My greatest fear when it first gave me the totally black screen was that everything was lost.  Praise the Lord - my documents were retrievable but all emails were wiped out.  Which means...all of my email addresses, too.  But that is such a small amount of loss compared to the possibility of everything being gone.  So...if you have corresponded with us in the past year, you might want to send us an email letting us know your email address.

This week we have been getting plenty of rain which gives us nice, cool weather perfect for African Chai or Hot Cocoa.  We have a spice here called Tea Masala that makes the chai soooooo good.  I am already stocking up on it to take back with us on furlough, since I am so addicted to it.  Drinking chai is my stress reliever (yes, I drink a lot of it), my comforting drink (especially when having a culture day), and my method of warming up (must be the pepper in it).

AFRICAN CHAI
⅔-¾ cup sugar      
5 tea bags
½ stick natural vanilla or 1 teaspoon real vanilla
2-3 teaspoons tea masala, optional
1 quart water (1 liter)
1 quart milk (1 liter)

 In a 2-quart sauce pan, combine the sugar, tea bags, vanilla, tea masala, and water. Bring to a boil. Add milk and heat through.

Most of my children prefer hot cocoa.  Of course, who can resist a cup when a couple of marshmallows are floating on top.

COCOA MIX
4 cups powdered milk
¾ cup cocoa
⅛ teaspoon salt
2 cups sugar

Mix well.  Store in airtight container.
TO USE:  Pour about ¼ cup of mix into cup.  Add hot water and stir.

Have a great weekend and enjoy a hot drink in your cool weather!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NEW LOCATION

That Was Quick

TO MY VIOLIN CHILDREN