ANOTHER ONE?

We are very fortunate in planning birthday parties that all of our six children have different months for birthdays. However, Keith and I share a month, as does Skyler.  Hence, August is very busy for us.

Being the last born, there are precious few pictures of me.
Keith tried to pull off a surprise birthday party for me, but a woman knows the heartbeat of her home and can quickly detect when something is up.  Why is the spare fridge stocked with sodas?  Where did this extra wheel of cheese come from?  Why would my husband tell the girls they need to clean their room?  But my husband does get an "A+" for trying, right?  We really had a great meal and time of fellowship with two other missionary families.

Good thing we have number candles, right?
My darling daughter took over making my rice krispy cake 3 years ago.  Rather than a shape this year, I requested caramel - chocolate - peanut butter - rice krispies.  Aahhh - SO very good!  She even made the caramel from scratch!

Rice krispies on the left - cheesecake on the right.  Both delicious!
Then our dear visitors, who were away for all three August birthdays, wanted to do something special for us.  On their way back to our house after visiting some village churches for 2 weeks, they stopped in Kampala and bought a strawberry cheesecake.  Unbeknownst to them, my family does not like cheesecake with the exception of myself.  So, I told my children to first taste my piece before deciding if they wanted their own.  Since it wasn't a true American cheesecake, my family loved it!  The restaurant that made it is Jewish owned, so I'm not sure if this is the way Israelis make cheesecake or if this is a Ugandan-improvised version.  Regardless, it was a big hit.

With Judith, one of the children I disciple.
Thank you for all of the birthday greetings sent our way this month.  
We are truly blessed by so many friends.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NEW LOCATION

That Was Quick

TO MY VIOLIN CHILDREN