LESSONS FROM CREATION (Pt. 2)

Remember when I mentioned our theme for my Ladies Sunday School class?  IT HAS BEEN SO MUCH FUN!  Not every week has been full of games and visuals.  After all, how do you visualize wind?  I thought we could run the fan on "hi" for the whole class, but we didn't even have electricity that day.

However, let me share a couple of themes from the past month.

Butterflies: Using my Cricut, we were able to cut out several butterflies to use for a review game.  I did learn an important lesson in doing this, though.  Construction paper on Cricut mats - a miserable mess to clean up!  Those small fibers love the stickiness. 


While doing our shopping in the capitol a couple of months back, I spied these butterfly notebooks and grabbed up all they had.  On the day of class, I told the Lord, "You know I have just 14 notebooks.  You must control the size of my class."  That day, our attendance was low - 13 ladies.


The Fragrance of Beauty: Roses are not only lovely to look at, but they smell good, too - just as we Christian ladies should in our spiritual walk.  I gave bookmarks with the lesson's main points and memory verse printed on them, and then we had a drawing to give out the other items.


Flies and Bad Habits:  I began this lesson mentioning interesting facts about flies, such as the fact that they vomit on their food before eating it.  We all know they are disgusting, but so are bad habits!  Another missionary had some American visitors come, and they were SO gracious in bringing fly swatters to give out.  (Thank you, Bible Baptist!) The fly swatters were so cute, that I was actually mentioning to God that I wouldn't mind a low attendance.  There were 17 fly swatters.  Eighteen ladies came, but one was an American visitor, so I did have enough for the Ugandans.  The next week the ladies were excited to report that these fly swatters really do work - for wasps, mosquitoes, and all sorts of insects.


Ladybugs: I know that if I were to teach these lessons in the States that there would be numerous teaching helps and prizes to use.  Being in a third-world country, oftentimes it is you pleading God to feed your imagination to come up with things.  That is how these ladybug pens were born.  There were no ladybug gifts to buy, so I thought about just giving away red pens.  The plain red seemed... plain, so I added black spots.  Then I noticed the little red end to the pens.  A perfect spot for a ladybug!


We talked about the importance of talking, walking, sitting, dressing, acting and thinking like a Christian lady.
 

It has been a great journey through these lessons on creation, and I am actually sad that we have just a couple of weeks remaining.  God has made available to us a wealth of lessons to learn - just look at His creation!

Comments

  1. You made me laugh when you mentioned the power being off the day you taught about the wind. So funny, gotta love the mission field. :-) I love all your creative ideas. Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your creativity, Sally! What a blessing for your ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure your ladies are really enjoying the class. It is obvious you put a lot of time, effort, and preparation into each week. All your giveaways are perfect! My favorite - the lady bug pens. Very cute and creative!

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

NEW LOCATION

That Was Quick

TO MY VIOLIN CHILDREN