FALL or PRE-FURLOUGH CLEANING

Do you ever wonder what happens to a missionary's house while he is in the States?  Our previous furloughs we took things off of the walls, draped sheets over the furniture, and locked the doors.  Some missionaries move out of their houses, and others store everything in containers.  This time things will be different for us.  A fellow missionary will be returning from their furlough in January and will be staying in our house during our absence.  This will keep our house occupied, as well as give them time to find a house of their own.  So the cleaning, sorting and packing has begun. My book-loving kids are begging, "Please don't pack these books, yet.  What will we have to read?" 

Washing the living room walls
 
For several weeks in a row, our ladies soulwinning team has seen someone saved each week.  Tonight my partner and I were making visits and were able to lead a Jaja (elderly lady) to the Lord.  Please pray for the men's soulwinning on Saturday.  At the invitation of the widow, they will be going to the village of the man who died in the accident.  We desire for God's name to continue to be glorified.  Wouldn't it be great if we saw revival in this village?  Last week the men went to our church in Lukaya and helped them put a roof on their building and partial walls.  Our two churches enjoyed sweet fellowship, delicious food, and a goal accomplished.

Building and cooking team in Lukaya

I know I have mentioned this before, but I am so proud of my husband's weight loss accomplishment.  He now weighs less than he did when he entered college 20 years ago!  After altering his trousers in three ways, I don't think I can do anything else with them.  The first step was to move the button over about 1 1/2 inches.  After he lost some more, I then took in the side seams.  My final alteration was to sew up the back seam, cutting 2-3 inches out.  We are hoping they last until we reach the States.  I have taken up the sides of several of his shirts, but they still have a tent-look.  I think next Tuesday will need to be market day.  People in town ask him if he has been sick to lose so much. 

Keith modeling his old trousers

Shiloh is doing well, and we appreciate the many notes of concern and prayer.  Thank you for praying for us.  Have a great weekend!

Comments

  1. WOW! Praise the LORD! Keith you did a great job. We will praying for Saturday. Keep us posted on what happens on Saturday. PS. no deep fried snickers!!!

    The Reeces

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we have done all of the above on our furloughs! Ha!

    Congratulations to Keith on his weight loss. I know he must feel great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on Bro Keith's weight loss. That's wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

NEW LOCATION

That Was Quick

KNEE SURGERY WEEK