IT'S A FLORIDA FLIGHT

 There is a lot going on in my life right now, and frankly, I am having trouble remembering who I have told what to.  So…I figure it is time to resurrect my blog. Here we go!

 

The plane ticket is bought. I’m flying to FLORIDA!

 

On April 12, 2022, I had surgery to repair both the lateral and medial menisci of my knee.  Many of the things I went through right after surgery, I am discovering were not normal for this day and age of modern medicine.  However, we trusted this doctor and felt as if he was capable of this surgery as he is listed as the best in the country and has been practicing here in Uganda for over 20 years.

 

However, as my knee kept painfully swelling up, we realized that something was not right.  When the doctor ignored my orders of no more steroid injections (he gave me 3 in 3 months without my knowledge) and by the eighth aspiration (draining of the fluid on the knee), we found an alternative doctor who ordered lab work of the fluid at the ninth draining and also an ultrasound.  Neither one revealed any abnormalities, so I reached out to doctors in America.  One doctor (a friend of one of the missionaries here) requested I get an x-ray and an MRI.  The x-ray is showing I may need a knee replacement.  The MRI (which shows that my knee is in worse condition now than before the surgery) is showing I may need an ACL/PCL reconstruction. Because this doctor has been so helpful and has shown so much concern for my health, we made the decision to set up an appointment with him instead of starting at ground zero with another surgeon elsewhere.  

 

Truly, God’s ways are not our ways.  I have already had 5 surgeries in the last year (4 for the eyes and 1 for the knee), so I did not volunteer to take this exit of more surgeries in the journey of 2022.  I do not know why this doctor in Florida – far away from any of my family – is the one who has been so kind and informative. But the God I know can be trusted. The God I serve is dependable.  Already, He has planned for this trip to correspond with three visitors from the States that I am sharing a flight with until we reach Chicago. 

 

Do I want to make this trip? No.

Do I want another surgery or two? Definitely not. 

Do I want to visit America and not be with my kids and granddaughter? Positively not.

 

However, I do want to see God work and do amazing things.  I have already been praying specifically for certain things in this journey that I am trusting God to attend to.  

 

Please pray with me as I lean upon His wisdom and direction.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NEW LOCATION

That Was Quick

TO MY VIOLIN CHILDREN