CANDLELIGHT MEALS - NOT FOR ME

Whoever came up with the idea that candlelight meals are romantic did NOT spend any time in Africa.  I can remember during our last furlough when someone offered to watch our children so that Keith could take me out for a nice candlelight meal.  I replied with an adamant, "NO, not candlelight!"  They were shocked.  My idea of a nice meal?  A bright chandelier hanging over the table illuminating my food (so I can see what I'm eating) and my family (so I can see who I am talking to).  Thursday morning Keith was reading our family devotions after breakfast and suddenly stopped in exasperation.  The candle wax had dripped onto the book.  And, yes, we buy dripless candles - - at least that is what the box says!  However, our children get a thrill out of the unusual wax art that is made from the melting wax.

My children have developed a panic look on their faces when they see me with a box in hand.  "Mom, what are we going to read after you pack all of the books?"  "Mom, what are we going to play with for 2 months?"  And then when they see me armed with a trash can when I enter their rooms, they transform their look into a sad puppy face.  "Can't I keep that?"  "I really do like that."  Despite their overreacting, progress continues to be made, and the stack of boxes is growing.  And the kids are growing, too.  Stanley has finally reached size 16 in shirts (he is my ultra-slow grower); Skyler is in size 8 shirts; and Savannah is somewhere between 6 and 7.  I searched the market for 2 1/2 hours on Friday and found not a single dress for Savannah.  So, I bought shirts to convert into dresses.  I immediately sewed up three, and she insisted on wearing one of them to bed.

I dropped Keith off at the bus stop at 6:00 Saturday morning for him to catch a bus to Mbale.  He will be preaching at his brother's church from Sunday - Wednesday.  Pray for him and the church services.  Also, pray for us as the house seems to fall to pieces, and the children seem to take leave of their senses during his absence.

Our Thankful Poster

Happy Thanksgiving from the Stensaas!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NEW LOCATION

That Was Quick

TO MY VIOLIN CHILDREN